Accidently on Purpose

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Spoke too soon

7 weeks tomorrow, and the nausea is kicking in more now. No actual visits to the great white telephone yet, but I daresay it's only a matter of time. I've felt more or less nauseous pretty much all day today; but then it's Sunday, and I've been fairly peaceful at home. It's definitely better when I'm busy.
We told the children yesterday: John's idea. They were gobsmacked - literally refused to believe us at first, but when they realised we weren't winding them up, they were both delighted. Told my father today, too - Mum felt that, once the children knew, he should too, so that they didn't let slip by mistake. He seemed pleased as well. Now we have to strike a difficult balance between optimism and realism. We were finding it so hard to keep it a secret, and I'm glad we've told them and made life easier on ourselves, but it's going to be 4 or 5 weeks before a nuchal crest scan, which is so, so long to be cautious and subdued about the possibility of a baby.
"If there's a baby." "If there's a baby", I keep saying, but I am trying very hard not to let myself think about how just bad it'll be if there isn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home