Accidently on Purpose

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I can't remember when the nausea hit with my previous pregnancies, but I suspect that my almost nausea-free time so far is just because it's still really early. Certainly I remember lots of desperate dry heaving and ginger biscuits when pregnant with the girls, and so far there's been none of that. I do, however, have all the other symptoms of early pregnancy to alleviate any miscarriage worries I might otherwise be enduring: ravenous, frequent hunger: frequent urination; super-sensitive sense of smell (smelling in technicolour, one might say); and last night, staying with friends, I had my first night of extraordinarily vivid and realistic dreams, which I also remember from before. I must say biology is fascinating. Who would have thought that hormone levels could influence dreaming, only 6 days or so into a pregnancy? Breasts also continuing to gently inflate, and I think now look visibly bigger even through clothes. Fortunately, nobody else is a thousandth as interested in my body as I am (with possible exception of husband, who knows anyway), so unlikely to be noticed by others.

We told the friends we were staying with (had to, to explain suspicious lack of alcohol consumption, etc), and they were calm and pleased, which is good as they are currently trying to adopt after facing infertility; makes me feel very guilty. Are seeing John's sister and family tomorrow, and will prob tell her too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home