Accidently on Purpose

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Insomnia

Three days I've known I was pregnant, and I haven't been able to sleep for 3 nights. The first night, I put it down to stress, although I normally sleep well, even when stressed. The second night, I slept well till 4.30 am, then woke up as if a switch had been turned on in my head - and I wasn't particularly tired during the day. The third night - well, I am writing this at 3.14 am, having been asleep only from 12 till 1 and awake since; I've just finished the ironing. I don't remember any early pregnancy insomnia with the other pregnancies, although there were plenty of disturbed nights later on, with indigestion and suchlike. Oh well. I've never had severe or prolonged morning sickness previously, and I see (thank you again, Google) that early pregnancy insomnia is a recognised thing, so I can hope it'll pass after a couple of months. Two months of lying on the sofa in the sitting room listening to the hamster on his wheel? Oh dear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home