Accidently on Purpose

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Dawn chorus again

Those birds are very cheerful outside; it's 5.41 am, and I've just finished the ironing.
No news here; still gentle, entirely dealable-with nausea, sore breasts, no bleeding at all; have told John's sister and one of my best friends from school - both are supportive and envious. I don't know when to tell the children; if I get as far as a nuchal crest scan, then I think I'll need to tell them before that, because if I end up losing the baby at that stage it'll be so traumatic that I don't think I could conceal it from them anyway. But I don't want to tell them too soon, a) because they may tell the rest of the universe and b) because I want to minimise their risk of disappointment. It feels as if I have already been pregnant for several years; I can't believe it's only 8 days since I did the test, and 10 days since I firmly suspected what was happening.
I'll be at a veterinary conference for the next 3 days, which will provide a good level of distraction, anyway. I just don't feel I can relax and enjoy the first trimester, until I've had a scan and got a better idea of the risk level for problems. I'd rather be cautiously pessimistic and have a nice surprise, than the other way round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home