Accidently on Purpose

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Well, not this time

At 14 days after ovulation, with nausea rising nicely and tender breasts, etc, I found a tiny smear of brownish mucus when I went to the loo at work, so, just to reassure myself, I bought a pregnancy test. Which, to my enormous surprise, was unambiguously negative.
But it was right, in final result if not in the fine detail; the pregnancy symptoms gently resolved over the next 36 hours, and now my period's started, on day 30 of the cycle, which is unheard-of, unprecedentedly late for me. So that alone, quite apart from the fact that I know I felt implantation and I know I was pregnant for those few days, is proof in my mind that I did conceive, but that this was one of those many pregnancies where something goes wrong during implantation.
Well, this is better than a miscarriage, better than not conceiving at all and hence worrying about ovulation, I suppose. I don't count this as my last chance, since it didn't even get as far as a positive pregnancy test, although of course I know my odds of a third child get worse with every month. And I can't try again this month, because John will be on the wrong side of the pond again at the critical time. Which may be a good thing, I suppose.
But I'm not quite ready to give up on this yet. 2006 was a grim year in lots of ways. Maybe 2007 will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home