Accidently on Purpose

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Uneasy

5w3d. Coffee alien but not heavingly horrible. Breasts tender but not agonising; in bath, a bit fuller looking, but not massively so. No blood. No uterine twinges. Almost no nausea - just slightly queasy-feeling, briefly, now and then.
On the one hand, I am still only 10 days after when my period was due; on the other hand, I am distinctly uneasy about (especially) the lack of nausea. Somehow I can't help feeling that, if my HCG levels were shooting up as they should be, I would be feeling a bit worse and - well, more pregnant, somehow - by now. I do feel pregnant. And there are moments, like waking up this morning with sore breasts and needing to pee, when it all feels fine. But.... I don't know. Somehow I'm dubious.
Better a chemical miscarriage now than a Down's decision in a couple of months, I do realise. If no healthy (ish) baby is waiting for me down the line, then the sooner I lose this pregnancy the less hellish the whole process will be.
But as yet there isn't the slightest hint of a speck of a smear of a suspicious discharge, so maybe I'm worrying unduely. I don't know. But somehow I will try to arrange an early viability scan some time this week, if I can. I doubt it will be good news, just at the moment, but whatever it is, I'd rather know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home